TIMING: THE BEST TIME TO TAKE PICTURES 7 WEATHER CHALLENGES:
• Unlike weddings, we have much more flexibility choosing the timing for Engagement sessions. This means we can work within the best light, which is about an hour before sunset. Las Vegas wedding photographers refer to this time of day as the "golden hour." It provides a beautiful soft glow on your face, resulting in flattering portraits. Early morning hours, around sunrise, also produce an amazing lighting effect.
• Weekdays are always preferred. This is because weekends are usually booked for weddings, especially during the peak season.
• Also, many of the great locations are crowded with people on weekends. Weekdays allow for more privacy and freedom.
• If you're having a destination wedding, you can schedule your Engagement session when you visit Las Vegas to plan your wedding.
• The exact date of your session will depend on the location and time of the year. At Nelson ghost town, the sun goes behind the mountains before it goes behind the horizon. This means you lose light before the sun actually sets. Therefore, it's good to start the session a little bit earlier in that location.
• If you haven't been in Las Vegas during the summer, it can be difficult to imagine the weather. The temperature can rise up to 120ºF during the hottest months. Since it's so hot, we do not do any sessions during the day in summer.